American Offshore Services LLC (A-O-S), based in Providence, Rhode Island, is currently looking to fill the position of Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality Officer (HSSE-Q Officer). We are looking for someone with a safety mindset and marine education or equivalent marine experience. The HSSE-Q Officer’s focus is the health and safety management of American Offshore Services’ crew transfer vessels. You will work closely with the EU based colleagues at Northern Offshore Services’ HSSE-Q department, the crew members on board our vessels, and be part of an operational team.
The responsibility of the HSSE-Q Officer includes monitoring the safety aspects of the procedures of each vessel and ensures that adequate resources and shore-based support are applied as required. The HSSE-Q Officer shall also communicate with clients’ Safety Supervisor and be responsible for compliance with clients HSE plans. The HSSE-Q Officer has the responsibility to suspend work on board the vessels that violate safety regulations.
- Act as Designated Person Ashore.
- Act as Company Security Officer.
- Perform and follow-up of inspections from external/internal parties.
- To be a part of the Company Emergency Response Team.
- To continuously follow-up applicable international and national rules and regulations.
- To monitor and develop the SMS onboard as well as in the Office.
- Monitoring and arranging for internal and external audits and inspections according to the ISM.
- Monitoring the implementation of corrective action and revisions of the safety management system.
- Gather input and prepare the Management Review.
- Environmental responsibility, according to ISO 14001.
- Recruiting crew – conduct interviews, take references.
- Update crewing systems with contact details, certificates etc.
- Man vessels safely and sufficiently according to internal and external requirements
- Optimize up and down manning of vessels.
- Coordinate and order Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for crew.
- Assist crew with training and renewal of certificates.
- Travel management for crew, logistics and accommodation if needed.
- Ship’s officer education, comparable USCG/military training, and/or other suitable education for the position.
- Trained as a Designated Person Ashore, Company Security Officer and ISM Internal Auditor
- To have expert knowledge of the Company’s Safety Management System.
- To have knowledge of national and international shipping legislation.
- Structured and well organized.
- Good administrative & coordinating skills.
- Good system knowledge and comfortable learning / using various IT systems and Microsoft Office.
- Extensive planning skills and strong in decision making and problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills as you have daily contact with customers / employees.
- Service minded.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to perform through high stress situations.
- Ability to assist in crewing and personnel management.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Full-time, permanent with 6-month probationary period.
Providence, Rhode Island.
Availability to support 24/7 vessel operations.
Required, as needed, to complete training and shipyard/vessel visits.
Will spend time at Northern Offshore Services’ office in Gothenburg, Sweden to train with HSSE-Q Department and VMTs.
Please send CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding the job, please contact the Hiring Manager:
We look forward hearing from you!