As our fleet is growing we need to recruit you!
American Offshore Services LLC (A-O-S), based in Providence, Rhode Island, is currently looking to fill multiple positions for Crew Transfer Vessel (CTV) Deckhands. As a Deckhand, you will be a crucial part of the team responsible for the daily transport of technicians and spare parts to the offshore wind farms in the US. You are going to be an important person in creating the highest standard of professional service for our customers. We are looking for someone with a strong maritime background with experience sailing as a Mate or AB. A CTV Deckhand needs to be focused on supporting the entire crew in the safe operation and navigation of the vessel. We are looking for crew who prioritize safety while providing excellent customer service. The Deckhand will work with the Mates to supervise and assist technicians or passengers on board. You must have integrity to be a part of the crew and work in accordance with regulatory, company and client requirements. To thrive with us and succeed in this role, you are solution-oriented, not stressed by acute operational hurdles and focused on solutions rather than problems. You will work closely with the Mates to manage all aspects of the vessel. You must have good interpersonal skills and constantly guard yours and other’s safety. We offer you to work in a new, exciting, and fast-growing industry which offers good opportunities for development and a future career path. We want our Deckhands to train onboard and acquire a license to be promoted to Mate or Captain with A-O-S.
• You are aligned with our values and your work ethic results in providing excellent service to co-workers and clients
• You have 1-2 years’ experience sailing as AB or OS
• You are motivated by an entrepreneur-driven existence with high tempo
• You have experience sailing as Deckhand or Mate on board CTVs, OSVs, passenger ferries, charter vessels or similar
• You are good at working as a team
• You are focused on providing excellent customer service and relationship building
• You have experience handling lines and maintaining vessels
• You take and give direction well
• You can prioritize, be persistent and have a high work capacity
• Desire to advance your career in the Offshore Wind industry
• Hold a valid MMC and credentials required for vessel service
High school education, preferably further maritime or technical education.
• US National AB OSV or greater
• STCW Basic Training
• TWIC, Passport, Driver’s License
• Valid Medical Card
• First Aid
• National Master < 100GT, Near Coastal
• STCW Medical Care Provider
• Rigger and Crane Operator training
• Protected Species Observer
• Ability to work as a team effectively
• Skilled in vessel operations
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Desire to learn and improve
• Skilled at safe cargo handling operations
• Knowledge in technical systems and maintenance
• Operational HSSE-Q knowledge. Ability to apply risk management in daily operation.
• Shall be able to stand lookout watch
• Shall be able to assist Captain/Mate in operating the vessel
• Responsible to perform vessel maintenance and house keeping
• Follow procedures in accordance with Company’s SMS
• Responsible to safely complete deck cargo operations
• Safely assist passengers during transfers and transit
• Safely perform loading and discharging operations on board the vessel
• Report all incidents, near misses or safety violations to Captain
WORK TASKS – Vessel Operations
• Operate cranes, winches, hatches or equivalent as required
• Properly stow and secure equipment and/or cargo according to master’s instructions
• Check condition of any deck equipment before it is used
• Assist Mate during fuel and deck cargo transfers
• Effectively communicate with crew and passengers
• Perform maintenance in accordance with vessel’s PMS
• Support crew to reduce fatigue
• Perform duties of hose watch during bunker operations
• Train under Mate/Captain in vessel navigation and operation
WORK TASKS – Maintenance
• Conduct engine room and deck maintenance tasks
• Keep engine room and below deck spaces clean and in good order
• Execute basic maintenance of the systems described in the Preventative Maintenance System
• Assist crew in troubleshooting technical issues
Pre-Employment: Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Employment: Full-time, permanent with 6-month probationary period.
Work Location: Varies with project location (North Kingstown, Providence, Rhode Island).
Schedule: 14 days on/off.
Travel: Vessel crew responsible for travel to office/vessel.
Training: Selected crew will spend a rotation on N-O-S vessels in Europe. Company will provide client specific trainings.
Please send CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the job, please contact the Hiring Manager: email@example.com
We look forward hearing from you!
American Offshore Services LLC is a Crew Transfer Vessel (CTV) owner and operator in the US. We transport personnel and equipment to offshore wind farms and installations with our bespoke
vessels built in the US.
In early 2020, Northern Offshore Group (parent company of the leading CTV operator Northern Offshore Services, N-O-S) and US-based Sea of Gravity Offshore entered into an agreement to provide CTV services to the emerging U.S. Offshore Wind Industry. Within this partnership, the two entities have established a U.S. based, Jones Act Compliant operating entity, “American Offshore Services” (A-O-S).
Sea of Gravity (SEA.O.G) is a team of highly experienced personnel with years of experience in heavy lift, marine vessel operations, break bulk and project cargo operations, loss prevention, vendor surveillance, and health and safety. SEA.O.G provides swift, accurate, and simplified project logistics solutions. We are seeking to advance the renewable energy industry with our technical expertise by providing environmentally conscious, fully integrated logistics solutions while prioritizing the health, safety, and development of our workforce.
Northern Offshore Services (N-O-S) is an industry-leading supplier to the international Offshore wind industry and provides crew transfer vessels for the transport of personnel and equipment to offshore wind farms. The company’s heritage is from traditional shipping companies, and we are proud of and influenced by our history, which features several generations of seafarers, entrepreneurs, and businesspeople. We employ approx. 250 people and mange 40 different vessels. Our fleet contains a wide range of customized vessels, designed by our in-house vessel experts. All our vessels are built according to the highest standards in terms of performance, efficiency, and availability.