A-O-S is looking for you!
American Offshore Services LLC (A-O-S), based in Providence, Rhode Island, is currently looking to fill multiple positions for Crew Transfer Vessel (CTV) Mates. As a Mate, you will be a crucial part of the team responsible for the daily transport of technicians and spare parts to the offshore wind farms in the US. You are going to be an important person in creating the highest standard of professional service for our customers. We are looking for someone with a strong maritime background with experience sailing as a Master or Mate. A CTV Mate needs to be focused on supporting the Master in the safe operation and navigation of the vessel. We are looking for Mates who prioritize safety while providing excellent customer service. The Mate will have the most interaction with the technicians or passengers on board. You must have integrity to be a part of the crew and work in accordance with regulatory, company and client requirements. To thrive with us and succeed in this role, you are solution-oriented, not stressed by acute operational hurdles and focused on solutions rather than problems. You will work closely with the Master to manage all aspects of the vessel. You must have good interpersonal skills and constantly guard yours and other’s safety. We offer you to work in a new, exciting, and fast-growing industry which offers good opportunities for development and a future career path. We expect our Mates to quickly become Masters as our growing fleet expands.
• You are aligned with our values and your work ethic results in providing excellent service to co-workers and clients.
• You have 3-5 years’ experience sailing as a Captain or Senior Officer
• You are motivated by an entrepreneur-driven existence with high tempo.
• You have experience sailing as Captain on board CTVs, OSVs, passenger ferries, charter vessels or similar
• You are good at leading a team and motivating vessel crew
• You are experienced in operating in a client focused environment adhering to both company and client procedures
• You take pride in your work and operate vessels safely and efficiently
• You need to be proactive, flexible and be motivated to find solutions to different issues quickly
• You can prioritize, be persistent and have a high work capacity
• Work efficiently with computer-based logbook systems
• Hold a valid MMC and credentials required for vessel service
High school education, preferably further maritime education.
• US National Master < 200GT, Near Coastal
• STCW Basic Training
• TWIC, Passport, Driver’s License
• Valid Medical Card
• First Aid
• FCC Marine Radio Operator Permit or greater
• STCW Master <500GT with RADAR, ARPA, ECDIS, BRM
• STCW Medical Care Provider
• Rigger and Crane Operator training
• Ability to effectively lead personnel
• Skilled in vessel manoeuvring
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to train mates and deck crew
• Skilled at safe and efficient use of modern navigation systems
• Knowledge in technical systems and maintenance
• Proficient in computer-based log keeping
• Operational HSSE-Q knowledge. Ability to apply risk management in daily operation. Contribute to continuous improvement and development of safety management system
• Overall responsibility for the safety of passengers and crew
• Overall responsibility for the safe operation and navigation of the vessel.
• Responsible to ensure the vessel is operated in compliance with Flag, class and client requirements.
• Operationally responsible to manage the assigned vessel in a safe and cost-effective manner according to company’s instructions.
• Responsible for effective implementation of Company’s Safety Management System on board.
• Responsible for vessel and crew compliance to site specific HSE requirements and reporting
• Overall responsibility and overriding authority for accidents and incidents related to safety of personnel, security, pollution prevention and protection of company’s assets and reputation
• Responsible that the client’s contractual requirements are complied with in such a manner that they gain further confidence in A-O-S
• Manage security on board, act as the Vessel Security Officer
• Responsible to submit all incident, near miss and non-conformity reports and ensure follow ups are conducted according to procedure
• Responsible to identify the need for vessel specific procedures and ensure they are prepared accordingly and effectively implemented
• Overall responsibility for on board medical care
• Responsibility to maintain and update planned maintenance system
• Overall responsibility for vessel’s technical systems
• Responsible for all bunkering operations including internal fuel transfers
WORK TASKS – Vessel Operations
• Navigate vessel in accordance with COLREGs
• Safely and efficiently operate vessel to complete Client’s mission
• Effectively communicate with Marine Coordinator and Office
• Document maintenance performed in accordance with vessel’s PMS
• Maintain and keep vessel logbooks and filing system
WORK TASKS – Management
• Lead and motivate crew to complete work safely
• Lead on board safety meetings
• Lead emergency response and firefighting teams
• Ensure all certificates are up to date and that proactive actions are taken, in combination with the Office, to renew certificates before their expiry dates
• Serve as the on board Company representative to clients
• Inform crew of special requirements in the contract and verify compliance
• Keep company updated on any site-specific changes
• In conjunction with the crewing department, ensure vessel is crewed as per regulatory and client requirements
WORK TASKS – Training
• Ensure that new personnel on board are familiarized according to procedure
• Train crew in SMS and client procedures
• Ensure emergency drills and training are carried out at required intervals
• Provide training, mentoring and support to crew
Pre-Employment: Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Employment: Full-time, permanent with 6-month probationary period
Work Location: Varies with project location (North Kingstown, Providence, Rhode Island)
Schedule: 14 days on/off
Travel: Vessel crew responsible for travel to office/vessel
Training: Select crew will spend a rotation on N-O-S vessels in Europe, Company will
provide client specific trainings
Please send CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding the job, please contact the Hiring Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward hearing from you!
American Offshore Services LLC is a Crew Transfer Vessel (CTV) owner and operator in the US. We transport personnel and equipment to offshore wind farms and installations with our bespoke
vessels built in the US.
In early 2020, Northern Offshore Group (parent company of the leading CTV operator Northern Offshore Services, N-O-S) and US-based Sea of Gravity Offshore entered into an agreement to provide CTV services to the emerging U.S. Offshore Wind Industry. Within this partnership, the two entities have established a U.S. based, Jones Act Compliant operating entity, “American Offshore Services” (A-O-S).
Sea of Gravity (SEA.O.G) is a team of highly experienced personnel with years of experience in heavy lift, marine vessel operations, break bulk and project cargo operations, loss prevention, vendor surveillance, and health and safety. SEA.O.G provides swift, accurate, and simplified project logistics solutions. We are seeking to advance the renewable energy industry with our technical expertise by providing environmentally conscious, fully integrated logistics solutions while prioritizing the health, safety, and development of our workforce.
Northern Offshore Services (N-O-S) is an industry-leading supplier to the international Offshore wind industry and provides crew transfer vessels for the transport of personnel and equipment to offshore wind farms. The company’s heritage is from traditional shipping companies, and we are proud of and influenced by our history, which features several generations of seafarers, entrepreneurs, and businesspeople. We employ approx. 250 people and mange 40 different vessels. Our fleet contains a wide range of customized vessels, designed by our in-house vessel experts. All our vessels are built according to the highest standards in terms of performance, efficiency, and availability.